This is a breakout board for the RN-131G WiFly GSX module, an ultra-low power 802.11b/g transceiver. This board breaks out all pins of the RN-131G to two 17-pin 0.1" pitch headers. Board comes fully assembled and tested as pictured.
We've revised the board by adding some LED indicators and also improving the overall performance of the board.
The WiFly GSX (RN-131G) module is a complete ultra low power embedded TCP/IP solution. The WiFly GSX module is a stand alone, embedded wireless 802.11b/g networking module. The combination of ultra low power and the ability to wake up, connect to a wireless network, send data and return to sleep mode in less than 100 milliseconds, allows the WiFly GSX to run for years on two standard AAA batteries. Using only 100mWatts when awake and 10uWatts when asleep, this remarkable power efficiency makes possible a new class of internet enabled products.
The WiFly GSX module incorporates a 2.4GHz radio, processor, TCP/IP stack, real-time clock, crypto accelerator, power management and analog sensor interfaces. This complete solution is preloaded with software to simplify integration and minimizes development of your application. In the simplest configuration the hardware only requires four connections (PWR, TX, RX, GND) to create a wireless data connection. The transmit range can be up to 330' (100m), depending upon environmental considerations.
- Ultra low power 100mWatt active, 10uWatt sleep mode
- Host Data Rate Up to 100 Mbps for SDIO, 44 Mbps for SPI and 2.7 Mbps for UART
- Throughput 4 Mbps with TCP/IP and WPA2
- UART hardware interfaces
- 10 general purpose digital I/O
- 8 analog sensor interfaces
- Real-time clock for wakeup and time stamping
- Accepts 3.3VDC regulated or 2-3VDC battery
- Supports Adhoc connection
- Real time clock for time stamping, auto-sleep and auto-wakeup modes
- Configuration over UART or wireless interfaces using simple ASCII commands
- Over the air firmware upgrade (FTP), and data file upload
- Secure WiFi authentication WEP-128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK, EAP-TLS for WPA1 & WPA2 Enterprise
- Built in networking applications DHCP, UDP, DNS, ARP, ICMP
- Industrial operating temperature range -40 to 85 C
Dimensions: 1.2x1.8" (headers are separated by 1.1")