SGBotic Micro:bit Robot Board is designed for development of an autonomous obstacle avoidance robot or line following robot using BBC micro:bit. This Robot Board is capable of driving two DC motors. It has a dedicated port for HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor and Line Follower Array. The onboard reverse voltage protection circuit prevents damage to the BBC micro:bit and other connected devices in the event of a reverse voltage applied at the input terminal.
The Robot Board gives access to all the I/O pins on the bottom edge of the BBC micro:bit. All the pins have been broken out to pads next to the edge connector on this Board, allowing access to the I/O lines, button A / B, LED matrix, SPI and I2C bus of the BBC Micro:bit. Separate port are provided on the Board for the I2C bus for easy identification and connection.
A customised Makecode extension has been developed to go with this Board.
Our EduFun Buggy for Micro:bit uses this Robot Board. You may refer to its user guide for details on how to incorporate this Robot Board into your mobile robot.
Note: The SGBotic Micro:bit Robot Board does NOT include the BBC micro:bit. The BBC micro:bit will need to be purchased separately.
- 4.5 to 10V power supply
- Reverse voltage protection
- Drives two DC motors with full forward, reverse and stop control
- Terminal blocks for easy connection of motors and inputs
- Dedicated pin headers for HC-SR04 Ultrasonic sensor, Line Follower Array
- Provides regulated power to the BBC micro:bit
- Breaks out I/O pins from the edge of the BBC micro:bit
- Dedicated I2C bus pin header
Dimensions: 62 x 50mm