SGBotic IoT EduKit is designed to introduce IoT (Internet of Things) to an user with some knowledge on Arduino or other programming software but is new to IoT. The projects in this kit cover hardware interfacing, basic MQTT protocol to subscribe and publish data, as well as software tools to debug and monitor the connections. Two types of IoT servers are covered: one that provides basic service to manage the flow of information, and the other provides additional services such as data storage and real-time dashboard.
The kit comes with a printed Guide Book to help you get started and covers seven projects which are designed around ESP8266 development board using Arduino IDE. You will learn IoT hands-on as you follow through the projects. When you have completed all the projects, you should have the knowledge to start creating your own IoT devices.
NOTE: micro-B USB cable for connecting ESP8266 development board to computer is not included.
Projects included in the Guide Book:
- Project 1: Measuring Ambient Light
- Project 2: Publish Messages to MQTT Broker
- Project 3: Subscribe and Display Messages
- Project 4: Using ArduinoJson
- Project 5: Reading Humidity and Temperature Data
- Project 6: Publish Sensor Data to Ubidots
- Project 7: Use Ubidot Widgets to Control Servo Position
- 1x ESP8266 Development Board
- 1x Breadboard White Self-Adhesive
- 1 x Wide Angle Ambient Light Sensor - BH1750
- 1x I2C 16x2 Character LCD - 3.3V
- 1x 3 Buttons Membrane Keypad
- 1x Traffic Light Module
- 1x Basic Temperature-Humidity Sensor Breakout - DHT11
- 1x Micro Servo - 9g
- 10x Male/Female Wire
- 10x Female / Female Wire
- 1x Printed Guide Book