This synchronous switching step-down (or buck) regulator takes an input voltage of up to 38 V and efficiently reduces it to 5 V with an available output current of around 9 A. Typical efficiencies of 80% to 95% make this regulator well suited for higher-power applications like powering motors or servos, while high efficiencies are maintained at light loads by dynamically changing the switching frequency, and an optional shutdown pin enables a low-power state with a current draw of a few hundred microamps.
The ENABLE pin can be used to put the board in a low-power state that reduces the quiescent current to approximately 10 µA to 20 µA per volt on VIN, and a PG (power good) indicator makes it easy to monitor the state of the main power for your system.
- Minimum operating voltage: 5V
- Maximum operating voltage: 38V
- Continuous output current: 9A (Typical. Actual continuous output current limited by thermal dissipation)
- Output voltage: 5V
- Reverse voltage protection: Yes
- Maximum quiescent current: 15 mA
- Typical efficiency of 80% to 95%
- 40.7 x 20.4 x 7.62mm