These G2 dual high-power motor drivers are add-on boards for the Raspberry Pi, featuring pairs of discrete MOSFET H-bridges which operate from 5 to 36 V and can deliver a continuous 14A per channel without a heat sink. The drivers offer basic current limiting functionality, and they accept ultrasonic PWM frequencies for quieter operation. They are designed to mount on and plug into compatible Raspberry Pi boards (Model B+ or newer), including the Pi 3 Model B and Model A+.
The board also includes an integrated 5 V, 2.5 A switching step-down regulator that can be used to power the Raspberry Pi it is plugged into, enabling operation from a single power supply.
The driver's default configuration uses six GPIO pins to control the motor drivers, making use of the Raspberry Pi's hardware PWM outputs, and it uses two additional pins to read status outputs from the drivers. However, the pin mappings can be customized if the defaults are not convenient, and pins for current sensing and limiting are accessible on the board for more advanced applications.
- PWM operation up to 100 kHz
- Motor indicator LEDs show what the outputs are doing even when no motor is connected
- Integrated 5 V, 2.5 A switching step-down voltage regulator powers the Raspberry Pi base for single-supply operation
- Python library makes it easy to get started using this board as a motor driver expansion board
- GPIO pin mappings can be customized if the default mappings are not convenient
- Current sensing and limiting pins are exposed for advanced use
- Reverse-voltage protection
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Short circuit protection
Dimensions: 65 mm × 56 mm