Secure your project with biometrics - this all-in-one optical fingerprint sensor will make adding fingerprint detection and verification super simple. These modules are typically used in safes - there's a high powered DSP chip that does the image rendering, calculation, feature-finding and searching. Connect to any microcontroller or system with TTL serial, and send packets of data to take photos, detect prints, hash and search. You can also enroll new fingers directly - up to 150 finger prints can be stored in the onboard FLASH memory. There's a blue LED in the lens that lights up upon powered so you know its working.
We like this particular sensor because not only is it easy to use, it also comes with fairly straight-forward Windows software that makes testing the module simple - you can even enroll using the software and see an image of the fingerprint on your computer screen. This is by far the best fingerprint sensor you can get.
NOTE: We do not have any technical details or information on connecting this fingerprint sensor to USB port.
- Supply voltage: 3.3VDC
- Operating current: 60mA max
- Fingerprint imaging time: <1.0 seconds
- Window area: 15.3mm x 18.2mm
- Storage capacity: 150 templates
- False Acceptance Rate: <0.001%
- False Reject Rate: <1.0%
- Interface: TTL Serial
- Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600 (default is 57600)
- Working temperature rating: -20C to +60C
- Working humidity: 40%-85% RH
- Full Dimensions: 48.1 x 20.3 x 23.3mm
- Weight: 20 grams