M5Stack is a robust, Arduino compatible, open source development kit with stackable modules, enabling rapid and high-quality IoT prototyping.
This M5Stack Mini GPS Module is built around the AT6558 GNSS module. The 56-channel 6 positioning engine boasts a Time-To-First-Fix (TTFF) of under 1 second. The AT6558 modules utilize concurrent reception of up to three GNSS systems (GPS, BeiDou and GLONASS), recognize multiple constellations simultaneously and provide outstanding positioning accuracy in scenarios where urban canyon or weak signals are involved.
The module features an on-board backup battery to keep the RTC running and allow warm starts. It also comes with an internal antenna and a MAX2659 chip to boost the antenna signal.
You can plug the module into port C on M5core via GROVE cable, which is a standard UART interface.
UART settings :
- Baudrate(default: 9600bps)
- Start bits(1 bit)
- Stop bits(1 bit)
- Mini GPS module
- GROVE Cable
- Functional specification
- Positioning accuracy: 2.5 meters (CEP50, open space)
- Channel: 56
- Support single system positioning of BDS/GPS/GLONASS satellite navigation systems, or multi-system joint positioning in any combination
- Support D-GNSS differential positioning
- Positioning update frequency: 1-10Hz
- Maximum height: 1800 m
- Maximum speed: 515 m/s
- Maximum acceleration: <= 4 G
- Low power consumption
- BDS/GPS dual mode continuous operation: <23mA (@3.3V)
- Standby: <10uA (@3.3V)
- Tracking: -162dBm
- Capture: -148dBm
- Cold start: -146dBm
- Start Time
- Cold start: 35 seconds
- Warm start: 32 seconds
- Hot start: 1 second
- Operating temperature: -40~85°C
- Two Lego-compatible holes
Dimensions: 48.2mm x 24.2mm x 8.2mm