M5Stack is a robust, Arduino compatible, open source development kit with stackable modules, enabling rapid and high-quality IoT prototyping.
This M5Stack GPS Module is built around the NEO-M8N GNSS module from ublox. The NEO-M8 modules utilize concurrent reception of up to three GNSS systems (GPS/Galileo together with BeiDou or GLONASS), recognize multiple constellations simultaneously and provide outstanding positioning accuracy in scenarios where urban canyon or weak signals are involved. The NEO-M8N module can be used in data logging applications. The data logging feature enables continuous storage of position, velocity and time information to an onboard SQI flash memory. The information can be downloaded from the receiver later for further analysis or for conversion to a mapping tool. The power usage of NEO-M8N is incredibly low, only 21mA in continuous mode.
The module features an on-board backup battery to keep the RTC running and allow warm starts. It also comes with an internal ceramic antenna and a MCX connector for external antenna.
The series communicate protocol between M5Core and GPS is UART, physically connected via UART2 (GPIO16, GPIO17).
Default UART configurations:
- Baud rate: 9600bps
- Data bit: 8 bits,
- Start bit: 1 bit
- Stop bit: 1 bit
- Parity: none
- M5Stack Stackable GPS module
- GPS antenna
- Operating temperature: -40 ~ 80 °C
- Can receive data from 3 GNSS systems concurrently
- Horizontal position accuracy: minimum 2.5m
- GPS module (NEO-M8N) Built-in Flash, so that you can upgrade firmware via u-center-just-for-Windows
- Supported protocols: NMEA, UBX, RTCM
- Industry leading -167dBm sensitivity
- Backward compatibility with NEO‐7 and NEO‐6 series
- Built-in ceramic antenna
- External MCX connector
- Program platform: Arduino, Mrcropython, UIFlow(Blockly)