SGBotic EduFun Rover is specially designed for learning Arduino programming, basic robotics and sensor integration. Although the EduFun Rover is targeted for beginners with no prior robotic experience, advanced users will find it useful and fun too.
The kit includes all parts that are required to drive the rover, and to perform more advanced applications such as line following and obstacle avoidance.
The EduFun Rover is expandable. You can easily expand its functionality by adding sensors or widgets. The injection moulded chassis plates have a wide variety of mounting holes for camera, power module or other hardware, and can be easily cut or drilled. We have also included a breadboard to allow you to prototype your circuit or use it to mount sensors.
To help you get started, we have provided an online User Guide (click the link in Documents below). The User Guide contains photos and step-by-step instructions on the hardware assembly, wiring, and the setting up of software to create your program. It also provides two experiments (Experiment 1 and 2) for you to get started. In addition, a hardcopy Experiment Guide is included in the kit to provide seven other experiments.
No soldering is required for this kit.
Experiments included in the online User Guide and hardcopy Experiment Guide:
- Experiment 1: Create Your First Arduino Sketch For EduFun Rover (Online)
- Experiment 2: Move the EduFun Rover Forward / Backward (Online)
- Experiment 3: Check the Battery
- Experiment 4: Creating Sound with Piezo Buzzer
- Experiment 5: Using Tactile Button to Start/Stop the Rover
- Experiment 6: Learning to Use Line Following Sensor
- Experiment 7: Building a Line Following Robot
- Experiment 8: Learning to use Ultrasonic Sensor for Measurement
- Experiment 9: Building an Obstacle Avoidance Robot
- 1x Experiment Guide
- 1x Rover Chassis Kit
- 1x Controller Board (Arduino Nano compatible)
- 5x AA Alkaline battery
- 1x Ultrasonic Sensor v2
- 3x Line following Infra-red Sensor
- 1x Breadboard
- 1x Rainbow wires (M/F, F/F)
- 1x USB mini-B Cable - 1 Meter
- 1x Passive Buzzer
- 2x Push Button (Assorted Color)
- Hardware Kit (Mounting Screws and Nuts)