The CMPS12 is the 4th generation tilt compensated compass from Devantech. Employing Bosch BNO055 featuring a 3-axis magnetometer, 3-axis gyro and a 3-axis accelerometer and a powerful 16-bit microprocessor.
The CMPS12 produces a result of 0-3599 representing 0-359.9 or 0 to 255. The output of the three sensors measuring x, y and z components of the magnetic field, together with the pitch and roll are used to calculate the bearing, each of these components are also made available in three raw form.
The CMPS12 module requires a power supply at 3.6 - 5V and draws a nominal 18mA of current. The signal level is 3.3V, but is 5V tolerant. A choice of serial or I2C interfaces are provided.
- Power - 3.3V-5V 18mA Typ.
- Resolution - 0.1 Degree
- Accuracy - Better than 1%. after calibration
- Signal levels - 3.3V, 5V tolerant
- I2C mode - up to 400khz
- Serial mode - 9600, 19200, 38400 baud
- I2C bus tutor - general I2C guide
- Arduino - I2C interface or a serial interface and displaying data via the serial monitor
- Raspberry Pi- using I2C communication
- STL files for 3d printed tower
Dimensions: 24.5(L) x 18.5(W) x 3(H)mm