MFRC522 is the highly integrated RFID card reader which works on non-contact 13.56MHz communication. Designed by NXP as a low power consumption, low cost and compact size read and write chip, this MFRC522 is the best choice in the development of portable hand-held devices. It supports ISO14443A frames and error correction and higher speed non-contact communication with speed up to 424 kb/s.
This MFRC522 based RFID Reader Module is easy to use and can be used in a wide range of applications. Module uses 3.3V power supply, and can communicate directly with any microcontroller via SPI interface.
NOTE: This RFID Reader Module works with 3.3V supply. Connecting directly to a 5V logic (e.g Arduino Uno and Mega) will cause damage to the board. A Logic Level Converter is recommended to protect the module.
- Working current：13 - 26mA @ DC 3.3V
- Standby current：10 - 13mA @ DC 3.3V
- Sleep current：<80uA
- Peak current：<30mA
- Working frequency：13.56MHz
- Card reading distance ：0 to approx. 40mm
- SPI interface
- Data communication speed：10Mbit/s Max.
- Card types supported: Mifare1 S50, Mifare1 S70, Mifare UltraLight, Mifare Pro, Mifare Desfire
- RC522 datasheet
- Arduino Library (Github)
- Sample code for NTAG21x tag (Arduino)
- Raspberry Pi (Python) (Github)
Dimensions: 40 x 60mm