This A4988 Stepper Motor Driver Carrier is a breakout board for Allegro's easy-to-use A4988 microstepping bipolar stepper motor driver. The A4988 is a complete microstepping motor driver with built-in translator for easy operation. It is designed to operate bipolar stepper motors in full-, half-, quarter-, eighth-, and sixteenth-step modes, with an output drive capacity of up to 35 V and ±2 A.
This board is fully assembled and ships with an aluminum heatsink.
- 3.3 and 5 V compatible control logic
- Operating voltage: 8V to 35V
- Operating current: 1 A per phase without a heat sink or forced air flow (it is rated for 2 A per coil with sufficient additional cooling)
- Simple step and direction control interface
- Intelligent chopping control that automatically selects the correct current decay mode (fast decay or slow decay)
- Five different step resolutions: full-step, half-step, quarter-step, eighth-step, and sixteenth-step
- Over-temperature thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout, and crossover-current protection
- Short to ground and shorted-load protection
Dimensions: 20.5(L) x 15.5(W)mm