The serial enabled LCD allows you to control a parallel based LCD over a single-wire serial interface. Included in this product is a black on green 20x4 LCD connected to our serial backpack. The backpack, based around a PIC16F88, takes a TTL serial input and prints the characters it receives onto the LCD. The installed firmware allows for a number of special commands so you can clear the screen, adjust the backlight brightness, turn the display on/off, and more.
Communication with SerLCD requires 5V TTL serial at a default baud rate of 9600bps (8-N-1). You can adjust the baud to any standard rate between 2400 and 38400bps. The power, ground and RX pins are all broken out to a 3.5mm pitch screw terminal.
SerLCD has the ability to dim the backlight to conserve power if needed. There is also a potentiometer on the backpack to adjust the contrast.
- New PIC 16F688 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy
- Greater processing speed at 10MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original
- Faster boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware
Dimensions: 3.86 x 2.36 x 0.55"