The GP2Y0D805 and GP2Y0D810 are Sharp’s smallest and fastest distance sensors. With a sample rate of almost 400 Hz and a sensing distance to 5 cm or 10 cm, respectively, these sensors provides attractive alternatives to shorter-range LED-phototransistor reflectance pairs and longer-range but slower sensors such as the Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F analog distance sensor. The output, Vo, is driven low when the sensor detects an object; otherwise, the output is high.
The GP2Y0D805Z0F detects objects between 0.5 cm and 5 cm away from the sensor face, and the GP2Y0D810Z0F detects objects between 2 cm and 10.25 cm away. There are a few millimeters of hysteresis around the maximum range threshold and no hysteresis at the minimum range threshold. Note that these sensors will only tell you if there is an object within the detection range along their lines of sight; they will not tell you how far away the object is.
This product comes with the GP2Y0D805Z0F soldered into the carrier PCB.
- Operating voltage: 2.7 V to 6.2 V
- Average current consumption: 5 mA (typical)
- Distance measuring range for GP2Y0D805Z0F: 0.5 cm to 5 cm (0.2" to 2")
- Distance measuring range for GP2Y0D810Z0F: 2 cm to 10 cm (0.8" to 4")
- Output type: digital signal (low when detecting an object, high otherwise)
- Steady state response time: 2.56 ms typical (3.77 ms max)
- 21.6 x 8.9 x 10.4 mm (0.85" x 0.35" x 0.41")
- Weight: 1.3 g (0.05 oz)